July 10, 2017
Open Position: Associate, Washington, DC
Civitas Public Affairs Group is a values-based public affairs firm that delivers winning advocacy campaigns for our clients and the communities they serve. We enlist experts, leverage relationships, and build coalitions to address some of the most pressing political and societal challenges of our day.
Our bipartisan firm brings proven experience developing innovative advocacy campaigns to win substantive policy change at the local, state, and national levels. With offices in five cities across the country, we work closely with the nation’s leading philanthropists, non-profit organizations, and movements to substantively impact progressive issues and causes.
We partner with clients making a positive impact in the world and we are looking for an associate to join our winning team in Washington, DC.
This position will involve engagement with the senior leadership of the firm and the clients that we serve, providing the right candidate with direct exposure to big picture policy and strategy development with some of the nation’s top political, policy, and thought leaders.
We want someone with a 360-degree view of the political and public policy landscape. The ideal candidate is highly versatile, with both, specific issue/area expertise and general knowledge of the tools and tactics used to drive results. Experience on Capitol Hill, state legislatures and/or a political campaign is desired, as is a background in communications.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to:
- Support strategy development, project management, and implementation of client work plans.
- Lead the creation of plans, reports, presentations, and relevant client-related documentation.
- Maintain up-to-the-minute understanding of news, legislation, the political landscape, and other factors impacting the client’s objectives.
- Proactively identify and flag opportunities and challenges for client leads.
- Work in partnership with organizations and build coalitions with varied and diverse stakeholders.
- Lead the planning and execution of meetings and large-scale events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three to five years experience in communications, digital and social media organizing, policy development, or legislative or electoral campaigns, including program strategy and execution.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter and creative thinker with strong political acumen.
- Exceptional project management and organizational experience with a very strong attention to detail and the ability to manage quick turnaround deliverables, as well as long-term strategy implementation, reporting, and metric tracking.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including the ability to manage both quantitative and qualitative research.
- Strong networking skills and the ability to develop and maintain relationships with individuals and organizations, as well as work with diverse groups of people.
- Excellent writing, research, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer, web, and technology skills (particularly proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Passion for making the world a better place, combined with a sense of humor.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Some travel required.
HOW TO APPLY