March 6, 2019
Opportunity at Civitas: Executive Assistant/Project Coordinator
Civitas Public Affairs Group delivers winning advocacy and public affairs campaigns for our clients and the people they serve. We enlist experts, leverage relationships, and build coalitions to address some of the most pressing political and societal challenges of our day.
From strengthening communities, to enhancing common sense public policy and expanding equality, our team of seasoned professionals based in Boston, Denver, New York, and Washington, D.C. is equipped with the know-how and network to get the job done.
The executive assistant/project coordinator is responsible for oversight and coordination of all activities related to the Civitas’ New York office. This includes scheduling meetings and booking travel for one of the firm’s partners and a principal and managing logistics related to staff meetings. Additionally, the executive assistant/project coordinator will be in charge of communication with property managers, monitoring supplies and ordering, ensuring guests and clients feel welcome, comfortable, and supported while in our office. At times the executive assistant/project coordinator will also be included on client work to support the leadership team in strategy development, project management, and implementation of client work plans.
Civitas Public Affairs is committed to creating a dynamic, multi-cultural, and diverse work environment. Candidates of color and of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Civitas Public Affairs is an equal opportunity employer.
- Maintain calendars, prioritize and schedule meetings, calls, appointments, as well as arrange the travel and accommodations for one of the firm’s partners and a principal;
- Field, assess, and respond to requests and inquiries from clients and staff;
- Oversee the logistics for all staff meetings; and
- Prepare daily scheduling/update report for senior staff.
- At the request of senior staff, help with basic research, client projects, and other tasks as assigned;
- Assist New York leadership team in managing projects, workflow, timeframes, and deliverables;
- Assist in preparing statistical reports and metrics using Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite;
- Perform confidential and thorough research and data collection as requested; and
- Compile notes and key action items from client meetings as requested.
- Support accountant in finance, invoicing, expense reports, PTO requests, and general reporting activities;
- Work with property managers regarding general maintenance, including security, wiring, HVAC, lighting, etc.;
- Work with Civitas vendors to ensure computer, printer, website, listserv, mobile phone, office phone, and internet services are working properly;
- Troubleshoot and oversee resolution of IT issues in the New York office; and
- Monitor and ensure adequate office supplies.
Office Guest Support
- Prepare the office in advance of client meetings and clean up during/after meetings, securing room reservations as needed;
- Welcome guests and ensure they have the resources they need while in our office; and
- Manage catering or other needs while guests are in the office.
- One to two year’s administrative experience preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as Google Suite, including Google Calendar, Google Docs, and Google Sheets required;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – verbal communication, written, analytical skills, including proofreading skills;
- Professional appearance and ability to maintain the confidentiality required of the organization;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, clients and client staff;
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to take initiative, be able to work independently, and be a team player;
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines, multi-task, make sound judgments, and prioritize work assignments;
- Commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts;
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity within the office using a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regards to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability, and socio-economic circumstance; and
- Strong interest in politics and social justice issues preferred.
- Standard office environment.
- Minimal travel with potential for more over time.
- The position is based in New York City.
HOW TO APPLY