December 8, 2020
Civitas Seeks Executive Assistant for Washington, DC Office
CIVITAS PUBLIC AFFAIRS
Civitas Public Affairs Group is a values-driven public affairs firm that delivers winning advocacy campaigns for our clients and the communities they serve. We enlist experts, leverage relationships, and build coalitions to help solve pressing political and societal challenges of our day.
From strengthening communities, to enhancing common sense public policy and expanding equality, our team of seasoned professionals based in Boston, New York, and Washington, DC is equipped with the know-how and network to get the job done.
The executive assistant is responsible for coordinating and managing daily and long-term schedules for the firm’s senior leadership. This includes booking travel, evaluating and responding to invitations and scheduling requests, managing logistics for events, and keeping the senior leadership on schedule throughout the day. At times the executive assistant will also be included on client work to support the leadership team in project management, and implementation of client work plans. This position is based in Washington, DC, and will work remotely until it is safe to return to our office.
Scheduling and Administrative Support
- Maintain calendars, prioritize and schedule meetings, calls, appointments, as well as arrange the travel and accommodations for the firm’s senior leadership;
- Collect documentation and prepare expense reports for the senior leadership;
- Schedule firm-wide staff meetings and events, management and senior team meetings;
- Field, assess, and respond to requests and inquiries from clients and staff;
- Oversee the logistics for all staff meetings; and
- Prepare daily scheduling/update report for the firm.
- At the request of the firm’s senior leadership, help with basic research, client projects, and other tasks as assigned;
- Provide support for monthly expense reporting processes; and
- Compile notes and key action items from client meetings as requested.
- Two to four years of scheduling experience preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as Google Suite, including Google Calendar, Google Docs, and Google Sheets required;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – verbal communication, written, analytical skills, including proofreading skills;
- Professional appearance and ability to maintain the confidentiality required of the organization;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, clients and client staff;
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to take initiative, be able to work independently, and be a team player;
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines, multi-task, make sound judgments, and prioritize work assignments;
- Commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts;
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity within the office using a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regards to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability, and socio-economic circumstance; and
- Strong interest in politics and social justice issues preferred.
The salary range for this position is $50,000 – $55,000 per year, commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Civitas Public Affairs is committed to creating a dynamic, multi-cultural, and diverse work environment. Candidates of color and of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Civitas Public Affairs is an equal opportunity employer.