December 18, 2020
Civitas Seeks Executive Assistant/Project Coordinator for NYC Office
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT/PROJECT COORDINATOR
CIVITAS PUBLIC AFFAIRS
Civitas Public Affairs Group is a values-driven public affairs firm that delivers winning advocacy campaigns for our clients and the communities they serve. We enlist experts, leverage relationships, and build coalitions to help solve pressing political and societal challenges of our day.
From strengthening communities, to enhancing common sense public policy and expanding equality, our team of seasoned professionals based in Boston, New York, and Washington, DC is equipped with the know-how and network to get the job done.
The executive assistant/project coordinator is responsible for oversight and coordination of all activities related to the firm’s New York office. This includes scheduling meetings and booking travel for one of the firm’s partners and a principal and managing logistics related to staff meetings. Additionally, the executive assistant/project coordinator will be in charge of communication with property managers; monitoring office supplies and ordering; and ensuring guests and clients feel welcome, comfortable, and supported while in our office. At times the executive assistant/project coordinator will also be included on client work to support the leadership team in strategy development, project management, and implementation of client work plans. This position is based in New York City and will work remotely until it is safe to return to our office.
- Maintain calendars, prioritize and schedule meetings, calls, appointments, as well as arrange the travel and accommodations for one of the firm’s partners and a principal;
- Field, assess, and respond to requests and inquiries from clients and staff;
- Oversee the logistics for all staff meetings; and
- Prepare daily scheduling/update report for senior staff.
Office Administration / Support
- Support accountant in finance, invoicing, expense reports, PTO requests, and general reporting activities;
- Work with property managers regarding general maintenance, including security, wiring, HVAC, lighting, etc.;
- Troubleshoot and oversee resolution of IT issues in the New York office;
- Monitor and ensure adequate office supplies are available;
- Prepare the office in advance of client meetings and clean up during/after meetings,
- Welcome guests and ensure they have the resources they need while in our office; and
- Manage catering or other needs while guests are in the office.
- At the request of senior leadership, help with basic research, client projects, and other tasks as assigned;
- Assist New York leadership team in managing projects, workflow, timeframes, and deliverables; and
- Compile notes and key action items from client meetings as requested.
- One to two year’s administrative experience preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as Google Suite, including Google Calendar, Google Docs, and Google Sheets required;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – verbal communication, written, analytical skills, including proofreading skills;
- Professional appearance and ability to maintain the confidentiality required of the organization;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, clients and client staff;
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to take initiative, be able to work independently, and be a team player;
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines, multi-task, make sound judgments, and prioritize work assignments;
- Commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts;
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity within the office using a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regards to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability, and socio-economic circumstance; and
- Strong interest in politics and social justice issues preferred.
The salary range for this position is $50,000 – $55,000 per year, commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Civitas Public Affairs is committed to creating a dynamic, multi-cultural, and diverse work environment. Candidates of color and of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Civitas Public Affairs is an equal opportunity employer.