September 18, 2020
Civitas Seeks Senior Associate for New York City Office
ABOUT CIVITAS PUBLIC AFFAIRS GROUP
Civitas Public Affairs Group is a values-driven public affairs firm that delivers winning advocacy campaigns for our clients and the communities they serve. We enlist experts, leverage relationships, and build coalitions to help solve pressing political and societal challenges of our day.
Civitas has a growing practice in the field of gender justice and civil rights and we are looking for a senior associate to assist with this work and join our team in New York City.
This position will involve direct engagement with the senior leadership of the firm and the clients that we serve, providing the right candidate with direct exposure to big picture policy and strategy development with some of the nation’s top thought leaders and policy makers.
We want someone with strong policy skills and an understanding of federal and state politics. The ideal candidate is highly versatile, with both, specific issue area expertise and general knowledge of the tools and tactics used to drive results. Experience on Capitol Hill, state legislatures, and/or a political campaign is desired, as is a background in project management. Knowledge of reproductive rights, women’s rights, and/or civil rights, including LGBTQ rights, is preferred.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to:
- Manage client engagement, and will be responsible for producing content and ensuring deliverables are met.
- Provide expert internal and external project management.
- Conduct research and have a strong understanding of legislation and policy.
- Produce strong written products, including white papers, policy briefs and presentations.
- Be up to date on current legislative and regulatory work.
- Provide project, event, and meeting support and other duties as assigned.
- Experience in policy development, legislative experience, and/or political campaigns.
- Understand and have a strong interest in women’s rights, gender justice, and civil rights.
- Excellent written and oral communication, advocacy, and analytic skills.
- Knowledge of progressive organizations, movements, and issues.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, shifting priorities, and meeting established deadlines.
- Self-starter with ability to take initiative and work and organize time independently.
- Strong computer, web, and technology skills (particularly proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Be creative and think outside of the box.
- Sense of humor and curious spirit.
- Excellent judgment.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree in law or public policy preferred.
- Some travel required.
HOW TO APPLY