January 24, 2022
OPEN POSITION: PROJECT COORDINATOR
Civitas Public Affairs Group is a values-based public affairs firm that delivers winning advocacy campaigns for our clients and the communities they serve. We enlist experts, leverage relationships, and build coalitions to address some of the most pressing political and societal challenges of our day.
Our bipartisan firm brings proven experience developing innovative advocacy campaigns to win substantive policy change at the local, state, and national levels. With offices in Boston, New York City, and Washington DC, we work closely with the nation’s leading philanthropists, non-profit organizations, and movements to substantively impact progressive issues and causes.
We are looking for a project coordinator to join our winning team in Washington, DC or New York City.
This position will involve supporting the senior leadership of the firm and the clients that we serve, providing the right candidate with direct exposure to big-picture policy and strategy development with some of the nation’s top political, policy, and thought leaders.
Some of our current and former clients include the Black Policy Institute, CityHealth, the Collaborative for Gender and Reproductive Equity, Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions, Center for Secure and Modern Elections, Inseparable, National Council for Behavioral Health, the Pipeline Fund, the Trevor Project and more.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to Civitas team on project and client management.
- Manage external communication (including written correspondence and phone calls) with partners, colleagues, and clients.
- Prepare materials, including PowerPoints, agendas, and surveys for meetings and presentations.
- Assist with new media, research, and writing.
- Coordinate scheduling for client-related, internal, and external meetings.
- Plan business travel and related arrangements.
- Support with finance, invoicing, and general reporting activities.
- Prepare the office in advance of meetings and clean up during/after meetings.
- Collaborate with the support staff in other Civitas offices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- One to two years’ experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Professionalism, courtesy, and discretion.
- Strong computer, web, and technology skills (particularly proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Experience with social media best practices.
- Ability to multi-task, determine priorities, and follow through on responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for making the world a better place, combined with a sense of humor.
The salary range for this position is $45,000 – $55,000 per year, commensurate with experience. Civitas also offers opportunities for a bonus through an annual review process and an excellent benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
Civitas Public Affairs is committed to creating a dynamic, multi-cultural, and diverse work environment. Candidates of color and of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Civitas Public Affairs is an equal opportunity employer.